At HealthcareJobsOnline.co.uk we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
At HealthcareJobsOnline.co.uk we make every effort to comply with our obligations under the 1998 Data Protection Act.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Contact and other information that you provide as part of the registration process by filling in forms and/or by creating a Job Seeker Profile on our site at www.HealthcareJobsOnline.co.uk (the Website) including your CV, and other employment information including information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site;
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. IP addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Our website uses two types of cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Identify you when you login to your Job Seeker Profile and track your job applications.
We use the following cookies:
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily; and
They allow users to be recognised within our website, so that any changes that a user makes to a page are remembered from page to page. The cookie is stored in a temporary memory and is erased when the user closes the Web browser. Session cookies do not collect information from the user's computer. They typically will store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
4. Where we store your personal data
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site including your Profile, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. To avoid unauthorised access to your Job Seeker account, always remember to log out of your Job Seeker area if your computer is used or has shared access with another person or persons.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Additional Uses made of the information
HealthcareJobsOnline.co.uk gives you the opportunity to put your CV in its searchable database, designed to help you find employment quickly. You can control the level of confidentiality that you believe is appropriate.
It is your choice to either:
- make your CV searchable by our Recruiters, this is the default setting during the registrations process;
- prevent your CV from being searched and viewed by Recruiters. In order to do this, you must untick the “Searchable” check box during the registrations process. This means that Recruiters will not be able to see your CV, but you will be able to see it when you log in to your Profile.
You can remove any of the information that HealthcareJobsOnline.co.uk stores about you, at any time, by logging in to your Profile and removing information or choosing to close the Profile by contacting us through the website. HealthcareJobsOnline.co.uk will endeavour to cancel your account within as short a time frame as possible. However, Recruiters who have paid for access to the Database may have retained a copy of your CV in their own files or databases. Recruiters have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
If you choose to create a profile and upload a CV to our database, we rely on you to ensure that your details are kept up to date. You should update your CV at least every six months, particularly if your contact details have changed.
Please note that HealthcareJobsOnline.co.uk reserves the right to remove any CVs which include any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive from our Database and close the relevant Job Seeker Profile.
Jobs by Email Alerts
The “Jobs by Email Alert” service matches a Job Seeker’s requirements for employment with the profile of vacancies advertised on our website. For Job Seekers who subscribe to this service you will receive an email listing those jobs that we believe you may be interested in. Your requirements are defined by you using "strings" which can be used to specify geographic region, specific job titles, skills or other definition of the job you want. You can change the strings at any time by logging in to your account and visiting the HealthcareJobsOnline.co.uk Alerts link or you can also unsubscribe from this feature at any time using the HealthcareJobsOnline.co.uk Alerts Manager.
Additional Information – Aggregate Statistical Information
We may also collect aggregate statistical information about site visitors and users (such as the number of CVs on the database, or the number of visitors to the site). We may provide this information to customers, recruiters, advertisers, and other reputable third parties. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. This will not include any information that enables them to identify individuals.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If HealthcareJobsOnline.co.uk or M&K Healthcare Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Browse featured jobs
- NHS ShetlandLerwickTemporary Part-Time
- Marches Medical PracticeBroughtonPermanent Full-Time
- Elgin Dental CareLondonPermanent Part-Time
- NHS ShetlandLerwickPermanent Full-Time
- NHS ShetlandLerwickPermanent Part-Time
- NHS ShetlandLerwickPermanent Part-Time
- NHS ShetlandLerwickTemporary Part-Time